Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cross Words Over Crosswords

I'm a casual crossword-puzzle doer. I work on the LA Times one that my newspaper carries on Sundays, the one in the weekly Onion, and the monthly National Geographic's. I'm not a fanatic over solving entire puzzles. I'm somewhat proud if I complete somewhere between 80% and 100%, but don't fret too much if I'm able to complete only 10 words. High and total completions don't occur often.
In working crossword puzzles, I don't do web lookups, I don't use a thesaurus, and only occasionally look in a dictionary. As another indication of my casual methodology, I use a pen. Oh, sure, I letter in answers that turn out incorrect, then do a somewhat messy job of …


[Read entire article at http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2009/10/cross-words-over-crosswords.html.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make a comment: like, dislike, etc.