Friday, February 28, 2014
http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2014/02/mini-cupcake-offload-pan-type-and-prep.html and comment there, please.
Friday, February 21, 2014
http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2014/02/fudge-offload-silicone-vs-aluminum-pans.html and comment there, please.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
"Anachronistic Songs, Part 1 of 2" covered blasts from the past WRT another-era terms (example: "groove") and some terminology definition shifts (ex: example: "straight"). This part continues with unPC-ness, dimes and related costs, and years. Read the entire article at http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2014/01/anachronistic-songs-part-2-of-2.html and comment there, please.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Common characteristics of an anachronistic song, usually the song having been out at least a few decades ago:
- It includes a term that was popular or a norm in a particular era "long ago".
- It includes a term that the definition has shifted over time.
- It is more likely now to be considered culturally or politically insensitive than in the past.
- It contains reference to a year number.
Monday, December 30, 2013
How can song lyrics be economical? I write about three types:
- Songs with expressions repeatedly peppered throughout
- Instrumentals with the song title in it, frequently with few or no additional words
- Songs that have one verse, repeated one or more times
Monday, December 16, 2013
Which Pumpkin Pie?" that described ranges of ease and cost—fast and expensive, or laborious and cheap. My recipe is a hybrid between McCormick’s and Libby’s, with a slight twist. Read the entire article at http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2013/12/mccormicky-libbyish-pumpkin-pie.html and comment there, please.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Read the entire article at http://whilldtkwriter.blogspot.com/2013/11/which-pumpkin-pie.html and comment there, please.